Wednesday, November 21, 2007

THROW A SICKIE

I’ve been knocked out for a few days. Food Poisoning…great cascades of acidic vomit have been exploding from my nose and mouth, followed by incredibly painful dry-heaves. I’m holed up in Micah’s friend Jaka’s place in Ljubljana convalescing. I’ve been asleep for the better part of 36 hours, waking occasionally to send incoherent emails and to drink water which immediately comes back up again. I missed my gig last night. I couldn’t move. Feeling better today, though. I choked down some earl grey and watched bad Brit-coms on BBC (Jaka has cable TV). Our gig for tonight fell through, so I have one more night to chill out.
Avoid the ham sandwiches that they sell on the train, people. It’s all too good to be true….

6 comments:

Joël Keutgen said...

Take good care of yourself, alec
(in french: prends bien soin de toi!)
All th best,
Joël

Clint W. Heidorn said...

There's no Subway over there? Trust the chains, Alec, love and trust them.

Hope you're feeling better.

Alec K. Redfearn said...

I would kill for Subway right now...

Anonymous said...

"acidic vomit have been exploding from my nose and mouth"

Oh stop, you're getting me all hot and bothered.

Anonymous said...

Listen to www.martylog.com! Very Funny.
Rock Da Balkan!

Bridie said...

Having bile shoot up and out of your sinuses is the worst.
Then when you blow your nose, and you get little reminders? guhh...
I got a case of food posioning so bad once, that i just had to laugh. Laugh and laugh, as i cried out putrid chicken bits and sneezed carrots out the front and back. Oy! The name of the chinese food place was "The Flying Dragon", and boy, they werent kidding because i met him.